Tuesday, March 17, 2015

enjoying a car ride
with my aunt
This past week for Batman has been an exciting week as well as a learning experience. This past week was spring break and luckily my aunt was able look after him. My Aunt is an animal conservationist and has been working with animals for over a couple of decades including wild animals, as well as trained/owned/rescued seven border collies in her life thus far. Therefore she is a very trusting person to leave batman with. My cousins and uncle would also help. My cousins already have a dog walking business with the people in their neighborhood, so Batman was easily able to be added to their schedule and get walks regularly, as well as times to train and people to keep him company. While with my aunt, batman was able to get a lot of socialization with other dogs of all ages. He was able to meet all the dogs in the neighborhood, as well as occasionally being brought to a friend's doggy daycare.

One of batman's new friends
All during spring break I was missing him and wishing he could be with me at the beach. But he had a great time with my family. I went to pick him up this past friday, my aunt and everyone were out of the house so I was able to let batman out of his crate and surprise him. When he saw me he went crazy and started jumping up and down is his crate and barking. When I let him out he made this mix of a cry and grunting sound, while circling around and through my legs.
Tired after daycare

Enjoying sunny NC
Now back at school Batman is back to my schedule and sadly won't get as much attention because I have classes and at my aunts there is always someone in the house. Although, the past few days have been beautiful and batman and I have been able to enjoy this past few days outside in this nice 70 degrees and sunny weather.

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting spring break for Batman! Glad he got to meet some new doggy friends on break and when you returned! If he is ever needing a friend to play with, I would be happy to take him on a walk or go to the park to play catch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a similar experience with my puppy since spring break. Over break he had all the attention he could need and was constantly worn out. Now being back here, and on my schedule, he has so much more energy and needs more supervision.

    ReplyDelete