Friday, January 23, 2015

I recently adopted a black lab and retriever mix puppy from the Guilford County Animal Shelter in Greensboro, NC in November.

My roommate Nick and I decided to go to the animal shelter to look dogs with the possibility of getting one. Upon arrival we could hear many dogs barking constantly. We went inside the building where the staff directed us to the back of the building with two separate warehouse size rooms each with several rows of cages with all types of dogs of all ages. When entering the room we could hear music playing over the loud barks of all the dogs, in which we could not help to relate this sad music that was playing to the Sarah Mclachlan commercials. It was already hard not to feel bad for these dogs being in these cages on a cold gray concrete floor, but hearing the music drenched me with sadness for these animals as well as pressuring me to adopt all of them.

We walked though each row until coming to one of the last few cages, we come across two brother and sister labs curled up together, Nick and I asked immediately to take them outside to play with them. After playing with the two puppies for just a few minutes I new I wanted one. Sadly I couldn’t get both and had to choose between the two, therefore I decided to adopt the male lab named BATMAN!!


Since then I have never been happier, as well as being organized and together. Batman has changed my life for the better thus far and I have only had him for just over a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment